Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Surfing

Surfing


So truth be told, I love to surf. No, not water surf, but internet surf. Just start at a point, and keep on clicking and searching for new topics each time something cute presents itself or an idea branch starts to grow in my head.


Today was a particularly meaty day as far as surfing content so I thought I’d document it for future use/share it with whoever actually reads this....

  1. Toilet Paper Wall Art

So I know I’ve seen this before, but I really like it, and I might be changing my plans for the wall above the crib in our little baby’s nursery.... How easy would this be? And SO cute! And SO cheap! I only will have to start saving toilet paper rolls, and probably people to start doing the same since our little girl’s arrival date is quickly approaching....





2. When I first saw this picture I was like, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT KETCHUP?!?!?! But then reading further I realized, it's an empty and thoroughly cleaned out ketchup bottle, filled with pancake batter for easy dispensing!!

What a great idea! I’m always trying to get that perfect mickey mouse, or heart, or stupidly attempting something even more artistic like writing my name in the pan - and with this it’s not only totally possible, but soooo easy!

How do you say awesome mom?: .........How about Pancake shape connoisseur.



3. Felt foods.


How adorable and touchable is this banana? I love to create things, and especially like the idea of creating awesome playthings for my little girl that she can play with, suck on and have zero-choking hazard.

The beauty of hand sewing is that nothing is perfect, and nothing is duplicatable. So each piece comes out unique and fun.. AND this is just felt food, so it’s not like it going down the runway in France or Spain or some fancypants place. This is just a toy to be enjoyed by a drooling toddler.....





1 comment:

  1. So cute! I've seen the toilet paper art too and it is so fun and easy! I think I'd have to paint the rolls though. :) Let me know how your felt fruit goes!

    ReplyDelete